You are beautiful! Although everyone faces insecurities or has complaints at one time or another about their bodies, the truth is – the human body is unique and amazing in many ways. That means you and your body as well! Today, let’s explore these 10 inspiring body image quotes to encourage you and remind you to embrace your awesomeness.
Who better to begin with than the ever-inspiring Oprah Winfrey and her call to arms:
- “Step Away from the Mean Girls…and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks. Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others. This is a call to arms. A call to be gentle, to be forgiving, to be generous with yourself. The next time you look into the mirror, try to let go of the story line that says you’re too fat or too sallow, too ashy or too old, your eyes are too small or your nose too big; just look into the mirror and see your face. When the criticism drops away, what you will see then is just you, without judgment, and that is the first step toward transforming your experience of the world.” – Oprah Winfrey, American talk show host and philanthropist
- Bullied for her weight, “I love my body. I’m very much okay with it. I don’t think artists are ever the ones who have the problem with their weight, it’s the other people.” – Kelly Clarkson, American singer and songwriter
- “Every time I rap about being a big girl in a small world, it’s doing a couple things: it’s empowering my self-awareness, my body image, and it’s also making the statement that we are all bigger than this; we’re a part of something bigger than this, and we should live in each moment knowing that.” – Lizzo, American singer and rapper
- “The more I like me, the less I want to pretend to be other people.” – Jamie Lee Curtis, American actress and activist
- “Even two of humanity’s most intimate possessions – a sense of self and a body image – are fluid, highly modifiable creations of the brain’s mischievous deployment of electricity and a handful of chemicals. They both can change or be changed on less than a second’s notice.” – Miguel Nicolelis, M.D., PhD.
- “You can’t eat beauty; it doesn’t sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty enflames the heart and enchants the soul.” – Lupita Nyong’o, Kenyan-Mexican actress
- “I share the same advice that my mom gave me: stay hydrated and sleep well. And that being a beautiful person on the inside is what really matters.” – Jessica Alba, American actress and businesswoman
- “Taking a walk here and there and eating healthy is great. But I also feel like confidence and body image have a lot to do with how you feel on the inside.” – Jessie James Decker, American country pop singer and songwriter
- “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” ― Steve Maraboli, American writer
- “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” – Stacy London, American stylist/fashion consultant
And there it is – your inspiration for today – your encouragement to understand true beauty and see yourself as you truly are – beautiful inside and out!
For more inspiration and helpful information check out our other great posts here at Endosystems – Where Beauty Meets Technology. Contact us today and learn more about how to get started with endermologie®.